THRIVE – Upskilling Program
Refugee women face specific challenges when trying to access education and the labour market. We believe that women can thrive in environments where they learn with other women, motivate each other and have access to a range of additional support. With our program THRIVE, we want to empower women through a comprehensive program – supporting them to learn the skills of the modern workplace through a digital program, offer a coaching that addresses their individual career situation, and connecting them to employers through networking events. Additionally, women receive access to a unique blended language learning offer to boost their German skills.
Women with a migration background aged 18-40+ in the DACH region get the chance to participate in a unique digital upskilling program, choosing one of two potential pathways: Data Analyst or Get Started in Tech.
Duration: 9 months
This pathway offers: Foundational and Intermediate skills in Data Analysis
- Use the programming language Python to analyze data
- Design and create relational databases in SQL
- Create impactful data visualizations with leading software such as Power BI or Tableau
- Tell stories with data by reporting insights from datasets to management
- Improve your German language skills. With access to self-paced German language courses
- Receive feedback from peers and Industry experts. To sharpen your data analytics skills and get ready for work
- Gain Associate Analyst certificate from DataCamp. To prove your new data skills to employers at the end of the program
- Meet with potential employers. By participating in a hybrid networking event at end of the program
Get Started in Tech
Duration: 6 months
This pathway offers: Foundational skills in User Experience (UX), Front End Development and Digital Marketing
- Create a great user experience for mobile apps
- Create great online content that drives business goals
- Create a social media marketing campaign
- Take your German language skill to the next level. With self-paced German language courses and regular live sessions to practice
- Get equipped to excel at work. With webinars on essential soft skills such as communications, effective networking
- Get insights into the day-to-day work of women* in creative and technology industries. With coaching sessions by women* working in these industries
What our students say
„The one thing I know for sure is that if you have a goal, there's always a way. It doesn't matter if your plan changes, you always have to keep the end goal in mind. I have learned from Kiron to be brave enough and never give up. I am eager to see so many women start their journey with this program and succeed in their goals and careers.“
Maram, kiron student
Who is Eligible for THRIVE?
To register for the THRIVE program, you have to:
- 1. Identify as a woman* between 18 - 40+ years
- 2. Live in Germany, Austria or Switzerland
- 3. Understand English B2 (upper-intermediate) or above and German B1 (intermediate) or above)
- 4. Have a basic understanding of how to use a laptop or tablet
- 4. Be able to commit to 5 hours of learning per week for your preferred pathway
- 5. Pre-register via this form
Do you need hardware (computer/tablet) to participate in this program? Get in touch with us via [email protected]
Become a partner
Want to partner up with us? We’re always looking for partner organisations or individuals to work with us and support women!
- 1. Are you an expert in a specific field and would you like to host a webinar on this topic? (How to negotiate salary, DE&I topics, how to network,... )
- 2. Would you like to become a coach and support a woman during a 1:1 coaching session on her next steps towards employment in Germany? (prerequisite: you wok in Germany and know the ins and outs)
- 3. Does your company want to contribute to this goal during corporate volunteering measures and you would like to talk to us? Reach out!
Register for Data Analyst
Learn the fundamental of data on DataCamp while accessing a range number of support tools such as professional webinars, German courses, and much more.
Register for Get Started in Tech
Learn the fundamental of tech and marketing while accessing a range number of support tools such as professional webinars, German courses, and much more.