Start: March 2019 or later
Office: Berlin – fulltime
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. We are a team of 70 education experts, techies, student supporters, project managers, communicators, grant writers, business people, organizers, analysts, coffee-drinkers, dreamers and doers, who work together on this mission everyday.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- You are part of a team of product and UX people, techies and user analysts and your role is to help design exciting online learning experiences
- You identify design and user experience problems, while pushing for realistic and elegant UX and UI solutions
- You collaborate with our frontend engineers to create, review and iterate on your design ideas
Your set of skills
- You have at least 2 years of work experience in a similar role
- You are enthusiastic about visual design for web and mobile applications
- You are design-opinionated but prioritize user value and user feedback over your own preferences
- You have an agile mindset and a pragmatic approach to balance your fine sense of aesthetics with our short sprint cycles
- You are fluent in English and have excellent communication skills
- A diversified and role with flexible working hours
- The chance to shape a fast-growing social startup with your initiative and creative input
- A competitive salary in the social sector
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with disability.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “UX/UI + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file until the 15.03.2019 to Camila Sarmanho.