Start: 20th of February
Office: Amman, part-time 12 months
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. We are a team of 70 education experts, techies, student supporters, project managers, communicators, grant writers, business people, organizers, analysts, coffee-drinkers, dreamers and doers, who work together on this mission everyday.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- You conduct and design training for our student facilitators with topics on outreach and content
- You facilitate and develop online tutorials, coordinate with facilitators for scheduling classes and work on the field to monitor facilitator performance
- You create lesson plans with and for computer science MOOCs and host online office hours, with a focus on community building and skill building activities, projects and training
- You are responsible for developing an online database and increasing students capacity for university admissions, as well as documenting successful university admission procedures for refugee and vulnerable students
- You identify and research scholarship opportunities in Jordan for both in-country and out-of-countryuniversities
- Work with product and tech team in Berlin on platform enhancements for student profiles,student forum, and user testing in country and train local staff and students on platform features
Your set of skills
- You hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or related field
- You have 1-2 years experience teaching in the higher education sector or are experienced in non-academic, pedagogic fields of action
- You are familiar with online and blended facilitation, designing training for student leadership and staff development, and initiating learning amongst your colleagues.
- You have strong communication skills in English and Arabic and experience in teaching
- You are available for 8 hours per day for 15 days a month for a total of 120 hours per month, hours may range between 8am-8pm and can include at most 2 wknds/month.
- The opportunity to shape an innovative educational provider with your initiative and creative input focussing on the student’s needs
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team
- A competitive salary within the social sector
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “TS Jordan + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file until the 10th of February to Allison Church.