Training & Development Coordinator
Start: 15th May 2019
Office: Amman (20h/week, 10 months)
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
The job is funded by Ford Foundation – a project ‘Turning Challenge into Chance’ to support a blended online/offline certificate program for refugees and vulnerable local students in higher education fields of computer science, and empower students with training, practical
skills, and opportunities to expand the field of online teaching and learning.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Train and design training for our student facilitators with topics on outreach and recruitment, how to be a good teacher, online facilitation and tutorials, procuring digital resources for training opportunites.
- Evaluating and developing an evaluation framework for blended model teacher training.
- Advocacy with higher education, ngo, government, and foundation actors for online and blended education.
- Creating lesson plans for, and teaching online language courses.
- Demonstrated experience of working across cultures, and experience living studying and working outside of Jordan
- Creating community, character, and skill building activities projects and training
- Strong experience in solution-based thinking, turning challenges into chances, and at least 6 months of experience developing and reporting student feedback.
- Develop and online database and increase funding opportunities for language testing
Your set of skills
- You hold at least a Master’s degree in the field of English language, education, or administration.
- You possess experience teaching in the higher education sector or are experienced in non-academic, pedagogic fields of action with 1-2 years of work experience.
- You are familiar with online and blended facilitation, designing training for student leadership and staff development, and initiating learning amongst your colleagues.
- You have strong communication skills in English and Arabic and experience in teaching English, and are fluency level (C1 according to CEFRL).
- You are available evenings and weekends and at least 2 days a week Sunday-Thursday in the afternoons and evenings to conduct training of facilitators and students.
- The opportunity to shape an innovative educational provider with your initiative and creative input focussing on the student’s needs
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team
- A competitive salary within the social sector
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with disability.
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “TDM-Ford-Jordan+your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file until the 1st of May 2019 to Allison Church (firstname.lastname@example.org).