A successful study and career experience requires dedication and motivation – especially for young international newcomers who are seeking second chances in their new host countries. Mentors can inspire and guide young bright minds in Computer Science, Business & Economics, Social Work, Political Science and Mechanical Engineering and enable them to reach their full potential.
Our online and on-site and mentoring programs
Corporate Volunteering in the digital age: Become an online mentor!
Volunteer Vision connects employees of our corporate partners desiring to mentor online with Kiron students. Our Kiron online mentoring program is designed to follow the highest e-learning standards as well as state-of-the-art mentoring techniques. All formats focus on supporting our students in accessing the job market as well as boosting their academic career. The concept is simple:
- Mentors are trained in online webinars focusing on mentoring methods, dealing with e-learning materials and getting to know the target-group.
- A matching algorithm ensures that mentees and mentors are matched based on shared personality traits and goals.
- Specifically developed and academically verified e-learning material ensure a format high in structure and quality.
- The mentoring takes place via video-chat in a digital learning platform.
- Mentees are able to work on their academic as well as professional goals while employees gain new perspectives and contribute positively to society. Participating companies offer employees modern corporate volunteering opportunities.
ROCK YOUR COMPANY!: In-depth training and engagement through on-site training with a professional trainer
ROCK YOUR COMPANY! offers intensive on-site training with professional trainers for mentors and mentees. During the trainings personal and social competencies are developed and fostered. The goal is to achieve maximum personal development and unlock individual potential via mentoring.
- A whole day is reserved for mentors only to learn more about leadership skills and methods related to their new roles as mentors together with a professional trainer.
- During a kick-off day mentors and mentees meet each other in a structured process for the first time and kick-off their 1:1 mentoring partnership. They begin their partnership by outlining their expectations and goals together with the trainer.
- Professional trainings and supervisions take place together with all other mentors of the cohort. The sessions help mentors to develop a better understanding for each other and strengthen cooperation within the team. A strong team contributes to a more effective workplace. Supervisions help to identify potential challenges in the mentoring relation early on and offer solutions as well as additional advice on how to structure the mentor-mentee relationship.
Our mentoring programs in short
|Volunteer Vision||ROCK YOUR COMPANY|
|Duration & time commitment||4 months incl.||6 months incl.|
|Service||Volunteer Vision and Kiron are the contact point for any questions and support you may need.||ROCK YOUR COMPANY! and Kiron are the contact points for any question and support you may need.|
The Volunteer Vision matching algorithm ensures that mentees and mentors are matched based on shared personality traits and goals.
|In a kick-off meeting, mentors and mentees get to know each other during several exercises including a speed-dating round after which they match themselves.|
Volunteer Vision provides detailed impact reports focusing on the scientific measurement of the corporate added-value (business case) as well as societal impact. For more info visit our website.
|Paper-based evaluation following every module, online-evaluation and a final feedback assessment. Supervisions offer direct feedback points during the program.|
|Cost||Contact us for more information! A special offer is available for companies based in Berlin.||Contact us for more information! A special offer is available for companies based in Berlin.|
About Volunteer Vision
Volunteer Vision is the first provider of online mentoring programs in the area of corporate volunteering with a focus on professional orientation. Mentors are employees from companies from a diverse range of sectors, who contribute to society using a software-as-a-service solution. Learn more here.
About ROCK YOUR COMPANY!
ROCK YOUR COMPANY! is an offer of ROCK YOUR LIFE! gGmbH providing one of the biggest mentoring programs for pupils all over Germany and Switzerland. Through its mentoring program the social business offers new chances and perspectives for newcomers who had to leave their home country. By strengthening the belief in your own abilities, newcomers receive guidance in fulfilling their potential and developing their career paths. Learn more here.