Apply now!

Considering becoming a Kiron student?

Please apply by the 31st of August in order to not delay starting studying on the Kiron Campus!

Great! Kiron wants to make it as easy as possible for you to access higher education, and our entire program is free of charge!

Explore your study options with the Kiron Navigator before applying by clicking on the logo below

To become a student at Kiron, you must complete a preliminary student application, which includes the following:

  1. Your personal information and proof of refugee or asylum seeker status
  2. A short English language assessment test (20 min maximum)

Please note that this test is intended to give us an idea of your current language level, but the outcome will not affect your admission into Kiron. We do however recommend that you have at least a B2 level (intermediate) in English so you can follow the courses.

Additionally, you will have the option to upload a language certificate, but this is not required.

After you have completed these steps and we have verified your refugee or asylum seeker status documents, you will receive an email from us, informing you about whether you have been accepted.

If you have been accepted, you will be a preliminary student. This means that you are not yet a full student, because you must wait for the next student intake. At that point, we will send you further instructions on how to become a full student with Kiron.

Which documents do we accept as proof of refugee status?

Kiron accepts a variety of documents from within the asylum process. Generally, we accept any of the following certificates: application for asylum, recognition of asylum, subsidiary protection and residency for asylum. If you cannot provide any of these documents, please fill out this certification and ask a representative of a state organization/NGO that you are in contact with (for example, a social worker, counselor or legal consultant) to approve it. Please make sure that the organization that signs this certificate also stamps it.

You are located in Germany
  • Bescheinigung über die Meldung als Asylsuchender / Ankunftsnachweis
  • Aufenthaltserlaubnis (§ 23 Abs. 1, 2, 4, 5 / § 25 Abs. 1, 2, 3,5 / § 60 Abs. 5 oder 7)
  • Aufenthaltsgestattung
  • Duldung
  • Fiktionsbescheinigung gem. § 81 Abs. 5 AufenthG
You are located in France
  • attestation de demande d’asile
  • autorisation provisoire de séjour en vue des démarches à l’OFPRA
  • récépissé « reconnu réfugié »
  • récépissé « a obtenu le bénéfice de la protection subsidiaire »
  • carte de résident avec mention réfugié / bénéficiaire de la protection internationale
  • carte de séjour temporaire mention vie privée et familiale avec mention du statut de bénéficiaire de la protection subsidiaire
  • visa au titre de l’asile
You are located in any other state
  • UNHCR Asylum Seeker Certificate
  • UNHCR Refugee Certificate
  • a document certifying that you have started your asylum application
  • if you live in a refugee camp, a self-certification of your residence that is signed by the camp manager
  • the recognition of a refugee status

We accept documents in any European language, Turkish and Arabic, but English is preferred. We will not share the document you upload with any external person or organization. It is required exclusively for our internal administrative processes.

Is your document not mentioned on this list? Apply anyway and we will verify your document and inform you afterwards.
Note that enrolling at Kiron does not give you legal status as a student in any country since Kiron is not an official university.

Ready to become a Kiron Student?

Apply now!