Student Support Staff (local Jordanian position)
Start: 1st of March 2019
Office: Amman, Jordan
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
The job is funded by PADILEIA Project- a project for Online Higher Education Innovation funded by DFID under the SPHERE portfolio with partners in the UK,
Jordan, and Lebanon.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Management of different aspects of Kiron’s offline student support services such as: Facilitation Sessions, Offline Student Information Sessions, counselling and alumni program.
- Increasing student activity and success by scaling up both the online and offline services and by trusting relationship with the student body with an emphasis on clear and open lines of communication.
- Communicating with third parties, such as international organizations and NGOs in the field for student outreach and recruitment purposes.
- Optimisation of Kiron’s student services by monitoring and evaluation of our program as well as developing and testing new features according to student needs, ensuring enhancement of student performance and success.
Your set of skills
- You hold at least a Bachelor’s degree and have a minimum of 2 years of professional experience ideally in working with refugees or disadvantaged communities.
- You gained work experience in setting up, managing and scaling support programs for underprivileged students and/or you have ideally worked in student counselling.
- You have strong communication skills and ideally experience in reaching out to our target group and are fluent in both Arabic and English, written and spoken (C1 according to CEFRL).
- You have access to consistent transportation and are willing to work and travel to our partner locations in Mafraq, Irbid, and Hashmi on a weekly basis.
- You are a digital native, self-starter, adaptive & resilient and have an entrepreneurial mind-set.
- The opportunity to shape an innovative educational provider with your initiative and creative input focussing on the student’s needs
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team
- A competitive salary within the social sector.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “SSS–Jordan + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file until the 15.02.2019 to Allison Church firstname.lastname@example.org