Internship Student Services: Admissions
Start: May 2018 or later
Office: Berlin or Munich – full-time
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. We are a team of 70 education experts, techies, student supporters, project managers, communicators, grant writers, business people, organizers, analysts, coffee-drinkers, dreamers and doers, who work together on this mission everyday.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- You are part of the Student Services Team
- You are in charge of researching legal questions regarding access for refugees & asylum seekers in higher education
- You coordinate all tasks related to student admissions as well as the volunteer team
- Your areas of research include but are not limited to (inter)national asylum regulations, documents and scholarships for refugee and asylum seeker students
- You are in charge of transferring this knowledge to the team and making your results visible
Your set of skills
- You are a university student and share the vision of free education worldwide for refugees
- You have a background in Law
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and a hands on mentality
- You are fluent in English (German and/or Arabic are a plus)
- You already have first practical or theoretical knowledge about the legal situation of refugees and asylum seekers in European countries
- The opportunity to shape a social enterprise with your creative input
- Coordinating a team of dedicated volunteers
- High level of autonomous working
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team
- The opportunity to get involved in projects related to your internship
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject
“Internship StuServ Legal Research”. Include your cover letter, CV and availability in English or German in a single PDF file.
Please note that due to our limited budget as an nonprofit organization we are unfortunately unable to pay salaries. Therefore we are only offering mandatory internships/ educational program (“Pflichtpraktikum”) or study orientation internships (“Orientierungspraktikum”) to enrolled students.
If you want to support Kiron but none of the above mentioned internship types fit your current status, please get in touch with us and we can tell you more about volunteering options.