Student Assistant University Transfer
Start: December 2017
Office: Berlin – 13 hours/week
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Support refugees in entering higher education study programs
- Create information material, support with research on the topic
- Support Transfer staff members in daily, project-related tasks
- Prepare reports, presentations and briefings
- Organize and prepare meetings and workshops
- Work closely together with the project team and external partners (e.g. universities)
Your set of skills
- You have experience in counselling refugees
- You have knowledge with regards to access to higher education in Germany
- You have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- You bring strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- You are a self-starter, hard-working, adaptive and have an entrepreneurial mind-set
- You are fluent in English and German
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word,etc.), willing to learn and use new technical tools
- You are an enrolled student
- Working hours: 13hrs/week
- Opportunity to shape a social enterprise with your initiative and creative input
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team
- Opportunity to get first hand insight into project management of a joint project funded by the German Federal ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)
- Attractive office location in Berlin-Mitte
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with disability.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “UniversityTransfer-SHK + your name” until the 14th of November. Include your cover letter, CV and availability in English in a single PDF file.
The job does not fit your profile? Kiron is currently recruiting many different positions, and many volunteering / internship opportunities.