Student Assistant Social Sciences
Start: March 2018 or later
Office: Berlin (13h/week)
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Supporting the Social Sciences Department with ad hoc administrative tasks and assisting the team with other projects, such as the organization of Study Weekends
- Assisting our matching process by revising and screening available online course offers and categorizing them according our quality standards
- Liaising with other teams to conceptualize and prepare online tutorials, complementing the online courses offer
- Having an impact on our students’ learning outcomes by adding learning material into an interactive and digital source.
Your set of skills
- You are a student, officially enrolled at an university and pursuing a degree in the field of Social Sciences (History, Political Science, Sociology, Social Work etc.).
- You are fluent in English and have basic understanding of the German language.
- You have first experience with online learning and/or with teaching (as a tutor, for example) and an overview of online course providers, as well as quality standards for online courses.
- You are able to quickly familiarize yourself with new tasks and to produce pinpoint outputs for our curriculum development and are familiar with the web based Google Tools and Microsoft Office.
- The opportunity to shape an innovative educational provider with your initiative and creative input.
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team.
- A comprehensive insight into our Social Sciences Curriculum department.
- Flexible working hours at our Berlin location.
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with disability.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “SHK SC+ your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file until 27.03.2018.
The job does not fit your profile? Kiron is currently recruiting many different positions, and many volunteering / internship opportunities.