Student Assistant Project Management
Start: April 2019
Office: Berlin (20h/week)
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. We are a team of 70 education experts, techies, student supporters, project managers, communicators, grant writers, business people, organizers, analysts, coffee-drinkers, dreamers and doers, who work together on this mission everyday.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- You support our project lead in daily administrative and ad hoc tasks
- You work closely with the whole project team
- You are involved in project monitoring, documentation and finalising project status reports
- You take responsibility for preparing weekly work meetings as well as project presentations
- You support the planning and organisation of student events and partner workshops
Your set of skills
- You share our vision of a world in which everyone has equal chances to access and be successful in higher education
- You are a student and officially enrolled at an university in a business related field
- You have strong communication and writing skills in German (C2) and English (C1)
- You enjoy administrative tasks, event management and taking the responsibility of getting the job done
- You have a hands-on mentality and need little instructions to fulfil tasks carefully
- The opportunity to get first hand insight into project management of a global non-profit organisation
- The opportunity to shape an innovative educational provider with your initiative and creative input focussing on the student’s needs
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team
- The opportunity to grow and learn from being engaged in different areas of responsibility from event management, to project controlling, meeting organisation and building a student community
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “SHK PM + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and availability in English or German in a single PDF file until 15.03.2019 to Camila Sarmanho.
The job does not fit your profile? Kiron is currently recruiting many different positions, and many volunteering / internship opportunities.