Student Assistant Language School
Start: March 2018 or later
Office: Berlin – 15 hours
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. We are a team of 70 education experts, techies, student supporters, project managers, communicators, grant writers, business people, organizers, analysts, coffee-drinkers, dreamers and doers, who work together on this mission everyday.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- You assist the administration and organisation of our Language School
- You take ownership for data managing and monitoring (ranging from course attendance to course registrations)
- You support community management through co-managing the Language School email account and support students via hangout, forum or in our office
- You support partnership work through direct contact with partners and course providers
- You conduct project related research on benchmarking language learning practices within the sector and share your input to help creating innovative language learning solutions
Your set of skills
- You are officially enrolled as a student at university
- You are fluent in English (C1) and German (C1) are used to the MS Office Package and not afraid of spreadsheets
- You are a self-starter, hard-working, adaptive & have the ability to work independently
- You have very good organisational and communication skills
- You share the vision of free worldwide education for refugees
- An insight into the development of the Language School dynamics in a social start-up
- The opportunity to shape a social enterprise with your initiative and creative input
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international and interdisciplinary team
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “SHKLS + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file until 10.02.2018 to Camila Sarmanho.