Student Assistant in Research
Start: December 2017 or January 2018
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students, and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus. Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree.
Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Support our research & data team on several projects.
- Assist with secondary research, survey implementation, and questionnaire development.
- Use R to prepare results from standard descriptive statistics and other statistical analysis.
- Get an insight into the use of R on the backend.
- Be involved in different research related projects and support other departments in this field.
Your set of skills
- You have computing and programming skills in R (e.g., you are able to run t-tests or ANOVAs).
- You have good knowledge on methods and statistics.
- You have knowledge in questionnaire design and can implement them in a survey platform (e.g., Limesurvey).
- You are fluent in English.
- You have good knowledge in MS Office and quick to learn new google applications and other programs which are widely used in our organisation.
- You are registred at an university.
- 20 hrs/week, flexible working hours.
- Insight into the research department of a non-profit edTech organisation and the opportunity to contribute with your initiative to its mission.
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing organisation and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team.
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with disability.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application until the 15th of December via e-mail with the subject “SHK/Research + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and availability in English or German in a single PDF file.
The job does not fit your profile? Kiron is currently recruiting many different positions, and many volunteering / internship opportunities.