Computer Science and Mathematics
Start: August 2017
Office: Berlin or remote
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Supporting the curriculum development and maintenance of online curricula for computer science and mathematics.
- Testing of online courses and digital study materials for individual modules.
- Preparing equivalence tables for study programs at academic partner institutions.
- Planning complementary interactive courses and tutorials with our Direct Academics Department.
Your set of skills
- You are in your last year of bachelor’s studies or enrolled in a master’s or doctoral program in the field of computer science or mathematics or you have relevant experience in the field of higher education or online education.
- You are familiar with computer science and/or mathematics curriculum structures.
- You are familiar with the academic work environment at higher education institutions.
- You are fluent in English and German.
- You are proficient in using office software suites (e.g. MS Office, Google Suite).
- You are a self-starter, hard-working, adaptive and have a strong interest in education.
- 960€ monthly salary, 80 hrs/month, flexible working hours
- Opportunity to shape a social enterprise with your initiative and creative input.
- Opportunity to improve your professional skills through testing online courses in computer science related subjects.
- Insight in the didactical design of higher education in computer science.
- Hands-on work experience at an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject
“Assistant CS” until 13.08.2017. Include your cover letter, CV and availability in English or German in a single PDF file.
The job does not fit your profile? Kiron is currently recruiting many different positions, and many volunteering / internship opportunities.