Student Assistant Fundraising
Start: February 2018 or later
Office: Berlin – 13h/week
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Supporting different stages in the fundraising process, including proposal writing, scoping of fundraising opportunities, and reporting.
- Working closely with the fundraising team and liaising with other teams within Kiron.
- Creating visual pitch decks with powerpoint.
- Managing administrative tasks related to fundraising, including setting up meetings, taking care of fundraising databank.
Your set of skills
- You have strong communication skills in German and English (C1, according to the European Framework of Languages).
- You have excellent writing and organisational skills.
- You have an educational background in social or political sciences, marketing, international relations or development.
- You are confident in using PowerPoint, Word and Excel and a quick learner for google applications and all other organizational programs, such as Slack.
- You are highly motivated, flexible, and stress resistant.
- You share our vision of a world in which everyone has equal chances to access and be successful in higher education.
- The opportunity to shape an innovative educational provider with your initiative and creative input focussing on the student’s needs
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team
- Flexible working hours at our Berlin location.
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with disability.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “SHK Fundraising+ your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file until 21th of January.
The job does not fit your profile? Kiron is currently recruiting many different positions, and many volunteering / internship opportunities.