Student Assistant Communications
Start: April or later
Office: Berlin – 13 hours/week
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. We are a team of 70 education experts, techies, student supporters, project managers, communicators, grant writers, business people, organizers, analysts, coffee-drinkers, dreamers and doers, who work together on this mission everyday.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Creating content (photography, video, texts etc.), conducting research on different topics and supporting in ad hoc administrative and project management related tasks.
- Assisting in managing our social media platforms, organizing events and with public relations activities.
- Contributing with ideas for our marketing strategies, including online and offline campaigns.
- Working closely with other departments to align Kiron´s external communication.
Your set of skills
- You are a student, officially enrolled at an university and already have first professional experience in communications.
- You have strong communication and writing skills in English (C1, according to the European Framework of Languages), German is a plus.
- You have an educational background in communications, marketing, journalism or political sciences.
- You are confident in using PowerPoint, Word and Excel, Social Media and are a quick learner with Google applications.
- You share our vision of a world in which everyone has equal opportunity to access and succeed in higher education.
- The opportunity to shape an innovative educational provider with your initiative and creative input.
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team.
- A comprehensive insight into our Communications department.
- Flexible working hours at our Berlin location.
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with disability.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “Comms + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file until the 18.04.2018.