Stipend Program Manager (Jordan position)
Start: 1st June 2018 or later (until March 2019)
Office: Amman, Jordan
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree.
Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Management of different aspects of Kiron’s operations support services such as: supporting human resources services, managing our cash-for-study stipend program, and accounting.
- Increasing participation in and completion of the Kiron Certificate program and proving systematic structure to our financial processes.
- Communicating with third parties, such as vulnerable students in the field, and directly reporting to our Administrative Accountant.
- Optimisation of Kiron’s financial services by monitoring and evaluation of our system as well as developing and new features according to operations needs, ensuring enhancement of reimbursement processes and certificate program.
Your set of skills
- You hold at least a Bachelor’s degree and have a minimum of 2 years of professional experience ideally in working with refugees or disadvantaged communities in financial services.
- You gained work experience in setting up, managing and scaling operations programs for international NGO’s and/or you have ideally worked in student scholarship programs.
- You have strong communication skills and ideally experience in reaching out to our target group and are fluent in both Arabic and English, written and spoken (C1 according to CEFRL).
- You have access to consistent transportation and are willing to work and travel to our partner locations in Mafraq, Irbid, and Hashmi on a weekly basis.
- You are a digital native, self-starter, adaptive & resilient and have an entrepreneurial mind-set.
- The opportunity to shape an innovative educational provider with your initiative and creative input focussing on the student’s needs
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team
- A competitive salary within the social sector.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “Stipend-Jordan + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file until the 14th of June 2018 to Allison Church.