Start: January 2019 or later
Office: Berlin – fulltime
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. We are a team of 70 education experts, techies, student supporters, project managers, communicators, grant writers, business people, organizers, analysts, coffee-drinkers, dreamers and doers, who work together on this mission everyday.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Ensuring high quality research standards, research designs, and data collection.
- Coordinate research cooperations with project partners, overview the project deliverables, and support the evaluation of the projects.
- Work together with other Kiron teams on data tracking for internal and external purposes and help design the Kiron platform in a way to capture both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Design, execute, and analyse usability tests and user research through interviews and focus groups.
- Prepare and manage data across different cohorts of students.
- Analyze survey data, monitor student progress, and evaluate provided student services to help improve efficiency and efficacy of our product and understand our students’ needs.
Your set of skills
- You hold a Master’s degree or PhD with a focus on empirical research (preferably in education, psychology, or UX research) and ideally have strong computing and programming skills.
- Knowledge of relevant research methodologies is required, e.g. qualitative and quantitative research methodologies such as expert survey and questionnaire design, data analysis preferably in R, user research, interviews and focus groups.
- You have at least 2 years of research experience in a complex environment, strong problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- You are used to collaborate with several teams and are ideally able to visualize and present data to different stakeholders.
- Fluency in English is required, knowledge of German would be a strong asset.
- You share our vision of a world in which everyone has equal chances to access and be successful in higher education.
- The opportunity to shape an innovative educational provider with your initiative and creative input focussing on the student’s needs.
- The insight in the development of a Research department in a nonprofit EdTech organization.
- The atmosphere of a social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team.
- A competitive salary within the social sector and flexible working hours at our Berlin location.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “RSR + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file until 01.02.2019 to Camila Sarmanho.