Researcher & Data Analyst
Start: March 2018 or later
Office: Berlin – fulltime
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Prepare and manage data across different cohorts of students.
- Monitor student progress and evaluate provided student services to help improve efficiency and efficacy of our product.
- Use data tracking tools and monitoring to allow us to have a better sense of where our students are in any given time during the Kiron journey.
- Implement dashboards showing students’ progress and behavior on the platform and the change of important success factors.
- Ensure in conjunction with other Kiron teams that we sufficiently track all information needed for internal and external purposes and that our platform is designed in a way to capture both qualitative and quantitative data.
Your set of skills
- You hold a PhD or Master’s degree with a focus on empirical research (preferably in psychology or education) and have strong computing and programming skills, preferably in R.
- You have at least 2 years of work experience in a complex environment, strong problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- You are used to collaborate with several teams and are ideally able to visualize and present data to different stakeholders.
- Fluency in English is required, knowledge of German would be a strong asset.
- You share our vision of a world in which everyone has equal chances to access and be successful in higher education.
- The opportunity to shape an innovative educational provider with your initiative and creative input focussing on the student’s needs.
- The insight in the development of a Research department in a nonprofit EdTech organization.
- The atmosphere of a social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team.
- A competitive salary within the social sector.
- Flexible working hours at our Berlin location
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with disability.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “DATA + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file until 02.2.2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org.