Refugee Outreach and Support Officer
Start: 1st September
Offices: Amman, Jordan – fulltime
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Managing of different aspects of Kiron’s online student support services such as: Kiron Help Desk, Kiron Student Forum, counselling service and buddy program
- Managing and delivering effectively these services in a manner that leads to increased student activity and success
- Communicating with third parties, such as international organizations and NGOs on the field for outreach and recruitment purposes
- Optimisation of Kiron’s student services by developing and testing a student student needs and ensuring program is adapted to enhance student performance.
- Monitoring and evaluation of programs, develop indicators for successful student services for Kiron students
- Building a trusting relationship with the student body with an emphasis on clear and open lines of communication
Your set of skills
- You are an Jordanian citizen and have completed your Bachelor’s degree
- You have a minimum of 6 month work experience (can be a composition of internships), preferably in working with refugees or disadvantage communities
- You have very good English and Arabic proficiency, as well as in Microsoft Office / Google office tools
- You share our vision of a world in which everyone has equal chances to access and be successful in higher education
- You have experience working with students preferably in Higher Education
- You are a self-starter, adaptive & resilient and have an entrepreneurial mind-set
- The opportunity to shape a social enterprise with your initiative and creative input.
- The insight and the atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup.
- The chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team.
The job is funded by PADILEIA (Partnership for Digital Learning and Increased Access) – a project funded through the SPHEIR (Strategic Partnerships for Higher Education Innovation and Reform) Initiative and administered by British Council, Universities UK and Price Waterhouse Cooper for UK’s Department of International Development.
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with disability.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “SSO-pad-Jordan + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and availability in English in a single PDF file until the 18th of August 2017 to:
The job does not fit your profile? Kiron is currently recruiting many different positions, and many volunteering / internship opportunities.