Start: 15.10 (at the latest on 01.11.2017)
Office: Berlin – full-time
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Plan, implement and manage projects, including financial monitoring and the coordination of project-related operations
- Liaise and communicate with funders, partners and external experts
- Distribute and monitor work packages within the team
- Ensure on-time reporting to the funding institutions
- Administer the project budget and prepare project controlling tasks
Your set of skills
- You have at least a Bachelor Degree in a business related field
- You have at least 1-year work experience managing public funded projects, ideally including several stakeholders
- You have experience planning and managing a project budget, certifications in Project Management Methodologies (e.g. PMI) are an asset
- You are goal-oriented and able to work together with other teams in an objective and efficient manner, communicating deliverables and processes clearly
- You are fluent in both German and Englisch (min. C1 level)
- You have hands-on experience with MS Office and project management tool
- A passionate and intellectually stimulating team
- The opportunity to shape an agile organization that is driven by the diversity of its team members
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup
- A competitive salary in line with non-profit organisations
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with disability.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “MP1 + your name” until 25.09.2017. Include your cover letter, CV and availability in English in a single PDF file.
The job does not fit your profile? Kiron is currently recruiting many different positions, and many volunteering / internship opportunities.