INTEGRAL+ – Integration and Participation of Refugees in the Context of Digital Teaching and Learning Scenarios through Personalization and Scaling
Period: October 2017 – December 2018 (potential prolongation until December 2021)
Objectives: The project is based on project results of INTEGRAL² and focuses on a balance between personalized strategies and scalable solutions to give refugees access to higher education. The project develops universal digital solutions that are based on sustainable innovations. To achieve this, the project researches three major fields of action, encompassing ten working packages together with the RWTH Aachen University and University of Applied Sciences Lübeck.
The first field of action deals with the question how digital support and orientation services can be implemented to address a highly diverse target group. To achieve this , the project aims at
- Individualization of digital study orientation and counselling,
- Evaluation of innovative teaching techniques and qualitative digital teaching,
- Provision of effective support structures.
To understand how target-specific digital teaching and learning scenarios can be created to support the study success of refugees, the second field of action encompasses
- the development of target group-specific and transferable solutions for digital study preparation and foundation courses,
- the facilitation of a successful introductory study phase through digital and blended learning scenarios.
As a third objective, the project researches the design of sustainable and scalable structures and processes to facilitate a smooth transfer of refugees into the higher education system. Four work packages aim to contribute to the implementation of the objective by
- ensuring sustainability through expanded educational concepts and target groups,
- simplifying and automating recognition and transfer processes,
- testing scalable examination and certification measures,
- continuously documenting and publishing project results and building strong research structures to ensure dissemination of achievements in academic landscape.
Funder: The German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)