The Kiron Computer Science study track provides an in-depth introduction to relevant fields in this discipline from mathematical tools over algorithms and programming principles up to modern Hard- and Software Systems.
Students will also gain transferable skills in communication, time-management, Business Administration and Entrepreneurship.
By successfully completing their studies, students will:
- be able to analyze a complex problem and develop and implement an efficient solution
- gain a profound understanding of both hardware and software
- be capable of developing comprehensive computer programs as part of a team
- gain knowledge of contemporary issues related to computer science & engineering
- be able to work independently and in a structured manner
Workload: 6 CP
This module gives an introduction to the analysis and development of efficient algorithms.The topics of this module include:
- Runtime analysis and complexity classes
- Sorting and graph algorithms, principles of hashing
- Algorithmic strategies
After successfully completing this module, students will:
- be able to evaluate the runtime and memory requirements for a given algorithm,
- be able to describe important complexity classes for the analysis of runtime and memory complexity,
- be capable of formally modeling and describing algorithmic problem settings,
- be able to adapt the introduced data structures and algorithms to modified problem settings,
- be capable of developing efficient algorithms and data structures using algorithmic strategies,
- be able to explain and apply different sorting algorithms,
- be capable of developing and implementing programs based on the introduced algorithmic techniques,
- be able to evaluate different approaches to solving a given problem based on formal analysis.
Data Structures and Algorithms Specialization, University of San Diego