Network Coordinator for University Access for Refugees
*The position is equivalent to the german job ad “Netzwerkkoordinator/-in für den Hochschulzugang Geflüchteter”.
Start: 01.02.2018 or later
Office: Berlin – Full-time
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
The job offer is part of a project and is subject to approval of the funds.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the setup of national and international partnerships to enable university access for refugees.
- Foster a collaborative and goal-focused exchange with crucial stakeholders in higher education to enable sustainable synergy effects.
- Work with international partners on solutions to recognize qualifications (f.e. via the Refugee Qualifications Passport).
- Enable our students to finance their studies through stipend programs.
- Create information material on university admissions and access and support student recruiting through targeted communication in our networks.
Your set of skills
- You have a relevant university degree and at least two years relevant experience building up or working with networks in the higher education context (f.e. universities, foundations, uni-assist, ZAB/KMK, ENIC-NARICs).
- You have experience in project management and/or educational policy work.
- You know the German and/or international higher education sector and have an active partner network.
- You are experienced in communicating with people who are educationally disadvantaged and know how to create targeted information material for this group.
- You have good written and oral communication skills in German and English (at least C1).
- The opportunity to shape an innovative educational provider with your initiative and creative input focussing on the student’s needs.
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team.
- A competitive salary within the social sector.
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with disability.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “NW + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file until the 07.02.2018.