What is online learning?
What is a MOOC?
It’s a course of study that is
- massive: designed for a lot of participants
- open: participants don’t have to be enrolled in a university
- online: available via the Internet
This short video explains what MOOCs are and how they work.
Types of MOOCs: live & self-paced
- Fixed start dates and regular live sessions
- More interaction with other students and professor
- Slower progress, but steady amount of work every week
- Start at any time you want
- Work through the given material on your own schedule
- No weekly exams
- Manage your study time which gives you flexibility
Opportunities & challenges of online studying
- Most courses are self-paced. You can study at any time.
- You are responsible for your own progress. You need to be organized and disciplined
Studying remotely at home:
- You can participate in courses from anywhere.
- Interaction with other students and professors is limited. You need to motivate yourselff.
- You have to organize your own study space.
Kiron Campus: your study platform
All the courses on the platform are presented in modules. This makes it much easier to plan your studies.
Watch this short video to get a first impression of the Kiron Campus.
How does Kiron support you in your online studies?
- Help Center: student email support and self-help tool with frequently asked questions
- Forum: an online place to interact and exchange with other Kiron students
- Direct Academics: live online tutorials for small groups of students for selected MOOCs taught by academics and professionals
- 1:1 Support: direct online support
For more information contact email@example.com