What Kiron is not
Kiron is an innovative organization with a lot to offer. To reduce misunderstandings, let us clarify the limitations of our program and supports.
Kiron is not a university
Kiron is a service provider in the field of education and tech that helps refugees to start or continue their studies with online courses.
- Kiron itself does not award official degrees.
- At the moment, Kiron is supporting students living in our focus countries: Germany, Jordan and Lebanon.
- Outside of those countries, we do not have partnerships and cannot support students individually in getting an official university degree. Our online courses are still available for students to learn on their own.
Kiron does not guarantee admission to a university
- The universities set their own requirements for admission. Kiron students need to meet the requirements.
- Kiron is not a go-around for a missing university entrance qualification.
Kiron does not provide direct legal, financial, or political aid
Outside of education, Kiron cannot help you with any challenges of your migration process.
- Enrollment with Kiron does not provide any legal status as a student (e.g. for a student visa) in any country.
- Kiron does not provide direct cash funding or scholarships for housing, travel or internet access etc.
Kiron does not offer Master or PhD level courses
Kiron only provides courses at a Bachelor’s level as well as preparatory and language courses.