Politics is about making decisions that affect entire societies such as: immigration policy, taxation, the education system or even a declaration of war. Political Science investigates such political decision-making in modern societies.
After successfully completing courses from the Political Science study track you can:
- Understand how Political Science produces scientific knowledge
- Explain how this scientific knowledge about politics differs from everyday knowledge about political issues
- Analyze political phenomena in a critical, scientifically profound way
- Communicate your findings professionally in written and oral form
Topics & contents
The modules offered in the Kiron Political Science study track cover a range of foundation courses in this field of study, for example:
- Political Philosophy
- Comparative Politics
- Research Methods and Statistics
- International Relations
- European Integration Studies
Course material & assignments
The Kiron Political Science study track includes MOOCs as well as Direct Academics tutorials. Most of the MOOCs feature:
- Video lectures
- Required readings
- Recommendations for further reading
All courses have:
- Non-graded exercises (e.g. practice quizzes, practice problem sets)
- Graded assignments (e.g. quizzes, homework sets, problem sets)
Some courses have midterm and final exams in form of:
- Multiple choice tests
- Peer-reviewed assignments for research projects or pieces of writing
- English language proficiency (level B2 recommended)
- A basic understanding of European and world history, especially about the historical development of modern states
Is this the right study track for me?
- You have a interest in political issues like international relations, European integration, economic or social policy?
- You want to gain a structured understanding about why and how certain political decisions are made?
- You like to read and produce structured arguments in writing?
- You also like statistics?
- You can follow abstract lines of reasoning in a subject where many insights cannot be demonstrated by experiment or physically observed?
If your answer is “yes” to all, Political Science is the right study track for you!