Transfer to an official university

What do I need to transfer to a university in Germany?

Kiron students who want to transfer have to meet the general requirements for international applicants:

  1. Higher education entrance qualification (Hochschulzugangsberechtigung “HZB”) (LINK To wordbook)
  2. Certificate of German language proficiency at C1 level (B2 for application)
  3. Other criteria depending on the specific study track, for example, an internship

The number of spots is limited. Kiron students do not transfer automatically. You have to apply for placement.

How can I find out if I am eligble to study?


Find out if you have a valid university entrance qualification




Click here for more info on:

  • studying in Germany
  • admission requirements for refugees
  • recognition of foreign higher education entrance qualifications
What can I study?

Students in Germany can study the following Kiron study tracks to prepare for transfer

  • Business & Economics
  • Computer Science
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Political Science
  • Social Work
Where can I study?

Kiron is cooperating with the following universities where you can finalize your Bachelor’s degree if your field of study is given and you get accepted as a student. Kiron is supporting you in the two-step transfer process:

(1) get accepted as a student and

(2) get the Kiron Credits recognized.

Kiron does not guarantee a placement at a university. You can apply to any other university where you are eligible to study.

Partner universities in Germany

Alanus Hochschule

Alice Salomon Hochschule Berlin

Bard College Berlin

BAU Hochschule Berlin

BBW Hochschule

Fachhochschule Aachen

Fachhochschule Bielefeld

Fachhochschule Lübeck

Fachhochschule Münster

HNE Eberswalde

Hochschule Fresenius

Hochschule Heilbronn

Hochschule Rhein-Waal

HWR Berlin

Katholische Universität Eichstätt-Ingolstadt

Leuphana Universität Lüneburg

RWTH Aachen

Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt

Technische Hochschule Köln

Technische Hochschule Wildau

Technische Universität Hamburg-Harburg

TU Clausthal

Universität Bayreuth

Universität Bielefeld

Universität Kassel

Universität Witten/Herdecke

University of Paderborn

University of Rostock