What Kiron is not
Kiron is an innovative organization with a lot to offer. However, it is important to also understand the limitations of our services. To reduce misunderstandings, we would like to clarify what Kiron is not and what we cannot offer students.
Kiron is not a university
Kiron is a service provider in the field of education and tech that wants to help refugees to start or continue their studies with online courses.
- Kiron itself does not award official degrees. In order to receive a degree, students first need to transfer to a (partner) university.
- Currently, Kiron is only supporting students living in our focus countries: Germany, France, and Jordan.
- Outside of those countries, we cannot support students in getting an official university degree.
Kiron does not guarantee admission to a university
- The universities set their own requirements for admission. Kiron students need to meet the requirements.
- Kiron cannot replace a university entrance qualification.
Kiron does not provide direct legal, financial, or political aid
Outside of education, Kiron cannot help you with any challenges of your migration process.
- Enrollment with Kiron does not provide any legal status as a student in any country.
- Kiron does not provide direct cash funding or scholarships for housing, travel or internet access etc.
Useful links to other organisations
Kiron does not offer Master or PhD level courses
Kiron only provides courses at a Bachelor’s level as well as preparatory and language courses.