Mechanical Engineering revolves around analytical thinking and problem solving in the design, production, and operation of physical products and machinery.
Throughout your Mechanical Engineering studies at Kiron, you will start:
- Building the fundamental skills and mindset that every engineer must have
- Analyzing real-world problems and approach them analytically
- Developing engineering models and applying them to solve real-world problems
⚠ NOTE: This study track is only recommended for transfer to a university if you live in Germany. If you are located in Jordan or Lebanon, we recommend the Business & Economics or Computer Science study track instead.
Topics & contents
The Kiron Mechanical Engineering study track provides you with the fundamentals of science and engineering.
The study track starts with modules covering the essentials in:
It continues with more technical foundations in:
- Materials Science
- Manufacturing Technologies
You will also have the opportunity to improve your transferable skills in
- Project Management
- Quality Management
- Business Administration
Watch this short video about the study track Mechanical Engineering.
Course material & assignments
The Kiron Mechanical Engineering study track includes online courses (live and self-paced).
Most of the courses feature:
- Video lectures
- Additional reading materials
- Interactive applets
All courses have weekly:
- Non-graded exercises (e.g. practice quizzes, practice problem sets)
- Graded assignments (e.g. quizzes, homework sets, problem sets)
Some courses have midterm and final exams in form of :
- Multiple choice tests
- Completing questions (filling gaps with some numeric value, formula or text)
- Peer-reviewed assignments for experiment results or text composition
Mechanical engineering has many specializations that can lead to industrial and academic careers in fields such as
Functional and organizational units that mechanical engineers may work in:
- Product Development & Management
- Production Planning and Management
- Quality Management
- Quality Control and Assurance
Is this the right study track for me?
- Do you find math to be a breeze?
- Do technical systems and technologies fascinate you?
- Do you wonder how things around you in your daily life are made?
- Do you want to work technically?
If you can answer “yes” to all, Mechanical Engineering is the right study track for you
Not sure how to choose a study track? Watch this video!:#