Mentoring Program Coordinator
Start: December 2018 (until December 2019) – full-time –
*The position is equivalent to the german job ad “Projektkoordinator/-in Mentoring-Programm (Elternzeitvertretung)”
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree.
We are a team of 70 education experts, techies, student supporters, project managers, communicators, grant writers, business people, organizers, analysts, coffee-drinkers, dreamers and doers, who work together on this mission everyday.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- You are responsible for developing our online-based support program for Kiron students, focusing on study orientation, online learning strategies and transfer to university
- You identify suitable mentors and mentees (Kiron students) and take over the matching, as well as acting as the contact person for mentoring pairs
- You take ownership in conducting trainings for mentors
- You are responsible for conceptualizing information material and guidelines for the mentoring program and implementing suitable mentoring offers on our online platform
- You coordinate the cooperation with all relevant stakeholder groups (mentors, Kiron students, external and internal partners)
Your set of skills
- You hold a university degree ideally in the field of Psychology, Education or Migration / Intercultural Studies
- You have strong communication skills and are fluent in both German and English, written and spoken (C1 according to CEFR)
- You have at least 2 year professional experience in conceptualizing and conducting projects ideally in the context of mentoring, tutoring or buddy programs.
- You have experience in working with disadvantaged groups and have target group-specific, methodical-didactic knowledge and counselling skills
- The opportunity to take ownership and further develop our mentoring program
- A competitive salary in the social sector (12 TVöD) depending on your qualification and work experience
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international and interdisciplinary team
- The opportunity to shape a social enterprise with your initiative and creative input
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “MENT + your name” until October 22. Include your cover letter, CV and availability in English in a single PDF file to Camila Sarmanho.