Start: March 2019 or later
Office: Berlin – part-time
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Development, implementation and compliance management of data security policies taking into account the requirements of an international and digital NGO
- Transaction management, liaising with senior stakeholders from across the organisation and supporting governance processes related to projects, e.g. public procurement
- Supporting HR in improving all standard contracts and making Diversity an asset
- Developing appropriate global transaction structures and drafting and negotiating requisite transactional documents
- Responsibility for supervision of & compliance to those policies and requirements as well as assessment of potential risks and ways forward to minimize those
- Negotiations with partners and key stakeholders regarding data flow, data exchange, data security and best practice sharing within the non-profit community
Your set of skills
- You hold a university degree, ideally in Law, Administration, Economics or Computer Science or any related subject
- You are interested and have experience in data protection, international business law, IT law and IP, labour law
- You have the ability to identify legal questions at an early stage of a project and independently offer practical solutions
- You are fluent in both German and English, written and spoken (C1 according to CEFRL) and are able to draft and review agreements in both languages
- The opportunity to shape and professionalize an innovative educational provider with your expertise and creative input.
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team.
- A competitive salary within the social sector.
- Flexibel work hours, 30 days holidays and a generous Home Office policy
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “LEGAL + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and availability in English in a single PDF file until 31.03.2019 to Rohit Kakar.