Politics is about making decisions that affect entire societies such as: immigration policy, taxation, the education system or even a declaration of war. Political Science investigates such political decision-making in modern societies.
After successfully completing the Political Science study track, you can:
- Understand how Political Science produces scientific knowledge
- Explain how this scientific knowledge about politics differs from everyday knowledge about political issues
- Analyze political phenomena in a critical, scientifically profound way
- Communicate your findings professionally in written and oral form
Topics & Contents
The modules offered in the Kiron Political Science study track cover a range of foundation courses in this field of study, for example:
- Political Philosophy
- Comparative Politics
- Research Methods and Statistics
- International Relations
- European Integration Studies
Course Material & Assignments
The Kiron Political Science study track includes MOOCs as well as Direct Academics tutorials. The majority of the MOOCs feature:
- Video lectures
- Required readings
- Recommendations for further reading
All courses have
- Non-graded exercises (e.g. practice quizzes, practice problem sets) and
- Graded assignments (e.g. quizzes, homework sets, problem sets).
Some courses have midterm and final exams in form of:
- Multiple choice tests
- Peer-reviewed assignments for research projects or pieces of writing.
Political Scientists (with a degree from a partner university) can pursue a career in various sectors, including:
- Government agencies and ministries
- International organizations
- Journalism, media and PR
- Research facilities
- English language proficiency (level B2 minimum)
- A basic understanding of European and world history, especially about the historical development of modern states
Is this the right Study Track for you?
- You have a interest in political issues like international relations, European integration, economic or social policy?
- You want to gain a structured understanding about why and how certain political decisions are made?
- You like to read and produce structured arguments in writing?
- You also like statistics?
- You can follow abstract lines of reasoning in a subject where many insights cannot be demonstrated by experiment or physically observed?
If your answer is “yes”, Political Science is the right study track for you!
Kiron is cooperating with the following universities where you can finalize your Bachelor’s degree if your field of study is given. Kiron itself does not award degrees. In order to receive a degree Kiron is supporting you in the transfer process: (1) get accepted as a student and (2) get the Kiron Credits recognized.
Alice Salomon Hochschule, Berlin, Germany (SoSc)
Alanus Hochschule Bonn/Alfter, Germany (B&E)
B-TU Cottbus, Germany (B&E)
Bard College Berlin, Germany (B&E, PS)
BBW Hochschule, Berlin, Germany (B&E)
FH Aachen, Germany (CS, ME)
FH Lübeck, Germany (CS, ME)
FH Münster, Germany (B&E, ME, CS, SoSc)
FH Potsdam, Germany (SoSc)
HS Fresenius, Germany (B&E)
HS Fulda, Germany (SoSc)
HS Heilbronn, Germany (CS)
HS Koblenz, Germany (SoSc)
HS München, Germany (B&E, SoSc)
HS RheinMain,Wiesbaden, Germany (SoSc)
HWR Berlin, Germany (B&E)
KU Eichstätt-Ingolstadt, Germany (B&E)
KIT, Karlsruhe, Germany (ME)
Leuphana Lüneburg, Germany (CS)
LMU München , Germany (CS)
RWTH Aachen, Germany (CS, ME)
Technische Hochschule Wildau, Germany (B&E, CS)
TU Berlin, Germany (CS)
TU Clausthal, Germany (B&E, CS, ME)
TU Hamburg, Germany (ME)
Univeristät Bayreuth, Germany (ME)
Univeristät Freiburg, Germany (B&E)
Univeristät Konstanz, Germany (CS)
Universität Bielefeld, Germany (B&E)
Universität Jena, Germany (CS)
Universität Kassel, Germany (B&E)
Universität Passau, Germany (CS)
Universität Witten/Herdecke, Germany (B&E)
Universität Paderborn, Germany (B&E, CS, ME)
Universität Rostock, Germany (CS, ME)
SciencesPo, Paris, France (PS)
CNAM Paris, France (CS)