Business & Economics
The Business & Economics study track at Kiron will enable you to apply generic skills, like teamwork, problem solving, working under pressure or critical thinking to specific problems and tasks in a business setting.
The study track offers the best of both worlds:
- learn practical skills for running a business
- learn how to make decisions for business sustainability and financial success in complex and fast-paced environments
- learn how to apply economic theory to the solutions of real-world problems
Topics & Contents
The modules offered in the Kiron Business & Economics study track cover fundamentals in the fields of basic business, quantitative methods, basic economics and core skills.
Business & Economics starts with:
- Introduction into Business
- Business English
- Information Systems
- Mathematical Foundations
During your studies you will get familiar with:
- Financial & Management Accounting
- Organization & Human Resources
- Law & Business
- Production & Logistics
- Business Case Studies
Course Material & Assignments
The Kiron Business & Economics study track includes online courses (live and self-paced). The majority of the courses feature:
- Video lectures
- Additional reading materials
- Interactive applications
All courses have weekly:
- Non-graded exercises (e.g. practice quizzes, practice problem sets)
- Graded assignments (e.g. quizzes, homework sets, problem sets)
Some courses have midterm and final exams in form of:
- Multiple choice tests
- Completing questions (filling gaps with some numeric value, formula or text)
- Peer-reviewed assignments for experiment results or text composition
A degree in the field of Business & Economics by one of our partner universities offers excellent career opportunities in many different types of organizations ranging from governmental to private sector institutions. Areas and organizational units you might work in are, for example:
- Human Resources
- Bank Management
You can even continue studying towards a variety of Master’s degree options.
Is This the Right Study Track for You?
Are you interested in…
- …how companies function?
- …the world of economics?
- …setting up your own business?
- …mathematics and calculations?
- …learning about topics which can be adapted in any context?
If your answer is “yes”, Business and Economics is your study track!
Kiron is cooperating with the following universities where you can finalize your Bachelor’s degree if your field of study is given. Kiron itself does not award degrees. In order to receive a degree Kiron is supporting you in the transfer process:
(1) get accepted as a student and
(2) get the Kiron Credits recognized.
Alice Salomon Hochschule, Berlin, Germany (SoSc)
Alanus Hochschule Bonn/Alfter, Germany (B&E)
B-TU Cottbus, Germany (B&E)
Bard College Berlin, Germany (B&E, PS)
BBW Hochschule, Berlin, Germany (B&E)
FH Aachen, Germany (CS, ME)
FH Lübeck, Germany (CS, ME)
FH Münster, Germany (B&E, ME, CS, SoSc)
FH Potsdam, Germany (SoSc)
HS Fresenius, Germany (B&E)
HS Fulda, Germany (SoSc)
HS Heilbronn, Germany (CS)
HS Koblenz, Germany (SoSc)
HS München, Germany (B&E, SoSc)
HS RheinMain,Wiesbaden, Germany (SoSc)
HWR Berlin, Germany (B&E)
KU Eichstätt-Ingolstadt, Germany (B&E)
KIT, Karlsruhe, Germany (ME)
Leuphana Lüneburg, Germany (CS)
LMU München , Germany (CS)
RWTH Aachen, Germany (CS, ME)
Technische Hochschule Wildau, Germany (B&E, CS)
TU Berlin, Germany (CS)
TU Clausthal, Germany (B&E, CS, ME)
TU Hamburg, Germany (ME)
Univeristät Bayreuth, Germany (ME)
Univeristät Freiburg, Germany (B&E)
Univeristät Konstanz, Germany (CS)
Universität Bielefeld, Germany (B&E)
Universität Jena, Germany (CS)
Universität Kassel, Germany (B&E)
Universität Passau, Germany (CS)
Universität Witten/Herdecke, Germany (B&E)
Universität Paderborn, Germany (B&E, CS, ME)
Universität Rostock, Germany (CS, ME)
SciencesPo, Paris, France (PS)
CNAM Paris, France (CS)