Minijob Direct Academics
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Playing a key role for developing student relations/community management for the Direct Academics department
- Identifying creative ways to engage and maintain students in our courses
- Promoting our courses through student communications and social media
- Supporting design processes for recruiting students and volunteer instructors
- Assisting the Direct Academics Team in the coordination and administration of tutorials
- Supporting partnership work as needed
Your set of skills
- You are a self-starter, hard-working, adaptive, & have an entrepreneurial mind-set
- You have excellent English and German written and oral skills
- You are outgoing, creative and passionate about communication and are enthusiastic about trying out new techniques and approaches
- You have a eye for design and like playing around with presentation tools
- You have experience or a strong interest in marketing and sales
- You share the vision of free worldwide education for refugees
- 450€ monthly salary, 45 hrs/month, flexible working hours
- Opportunity to shape a social enterprise with your initiative and creative input
- Insight into the development of online and digital learning content in a social start-up
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team
- Attractive office location in Berlin-Mitte
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with disability.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “Minijob DA + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and availability in English in a single PDF file. Deadline for application is the 18th of May 2017.
The job does not fit your profile? Kiron is currently recruiting many different positions, and many volunteering / internship opportunities.