Member of the Management Board
Start: July or later
Office: Berlin – fulltime
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Implement strategic goals through the establishment of departmental responsibilities and processes following principles of self-management.
- Drive outstanding, best-in-class standards of operational delivery across the business, including the provision of outstanding education.
- Co-lead, develop and enable a high performing team to accelerate performance.
- Coordinate and continuously improve the operations of an organization striving for a symbiosis of NGO, EdTech Start-Up, social business, service and academic institution.
- Represent the international voice of Kiron internally and externally. Acquire and implement international projects of various funders such as the EU, ministries, foundations or private donors in the field of higher education and job market integration of refugees.
Your set of skills
- You have a university degree and are fluent in English, other languages (German, French and Arabic etc.) are a plus.
- You provide relevant management experience (min. 5 years), in the NGO/ Not for Profit/ Social Start-up Sectors combined with experience in the field of higher education. You know how to scale a digital platform/organization internationally and are an expert in organizational optimization.
- You are a self-starter and think like a social entrepreneur, you are an excellent communicator, and motivated to work hard.
- The opportunity to shape a social enterprise with your initiative and creative input.
- The insight and the atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup.
- The chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team.
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with disability.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “FE + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and availability in English in a single PDF file.
The job does not fit your profile? Kiron is currently recruiting many different positions, and many volunteering / internship opportunities.