Start: several starting points
during the year
Office: Berlin –part time
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Be responsible for the DevOps of Kiron.
- Maintain the kiron cloud architecture for custom and open source software.
- Develop best practices for the deployment pipeline
- Contribute to decisions on the Kiron software.
- Manage and deploy third-party software for the organization and work on backend integrations as necessary.
- Help foster a nascent devops culture at Kiron as the developer team grows.
Your set of skills
- You possess a strong background in cloud architecture and dev ops, in particular experience with AWS.
- You are familiar with the services and structures of the public cloud and container management
- You possess a strong background in linux system administration and open source tools.
- You are familiar with how to integrate tools in a network environment.
- You understand how to design a system as secure as possible given business needs.
- Your English skills should be excellent, basic German is a plus.
- Be a part of highly committed, international and interdisciplinary team.
- An exciting technology stack, built using React, GraphQL, Laravel and PostgreSQL, deployed with Docker and managed with Kubernetes on AWS.
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup with several stakeholders (refugees, corporations, NGOs, higher education and public sector institutions).
- Regular team building as well as representative events, mentoring, trainings and workshops.
- The opportunity to design the vision of Kiron through your own creative thinking and ambition.
- Flexible working hours (incl. Home Office) at our Berlin location.
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with disability.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “DEVOPS + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and availability in English in a single PDF file.
The job does not fit your profile? Kiron is currently recruiting many different positions, and many volunteering / internship opportunities.