Internship Student Support & Events
Office: Munich – full-time
(min. 3 months)
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Assist with the management of the Munich Office
- Prepare the weekly team meetings
- Coordinate and expand the volunteer team
- Support students offline at the Study Center and online through the Help Desk
- Implement the Kiron Integrated Student Support Center concept locally
- Organize and actively promote monthly student events
- Manage the Study Center calendar and the distribution of computers to students
- Supervise the operational budget and make sure local metrics are met
- Communicate with the Student Support team and other departments for important updates and developments
- Report to the Office Manager and collaborate with Business Development Key Account Managers to support partner relationships
Your set of skills
- You are an enroled university student
- You already have some work experience and are able to work independently
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and a hands on mentality
- You are fluent in English and German
- You are proficient in using the MS Office Package
- You share the vision of free education worldwide for refugees
- The opportunity to shape a social enterprise with your creative input
- The insight in the “heart” of Kiron – by working in Student Support and in the Help Desk
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team
- Flexible working hours at our office in Munich
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject
“Internship Munich”. Include your cover letter, CV and earliest availability in English or German in a single PDF file.
Please note that due to our limited budget as an nonprofit organization we are unfortunately unable to pay salaries. Therefore we are only offering mandatory internships/ educational program (“Pflichtpraktikum”) or study orientation internships (“Orientierungspraktikum”) to enrolled students.
If you want to support Kiron but none of the above mentioned internship types fit your current status, please get in touch with us and we can tell you more about volunteering options.