Start: August 2018 or later
Duration: ideally 6 months
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Conducting research on prospective corporate partners and contributing to Kiron’s corporate outreach strategy.
- Supporting the Corporate Relations team in developing their contact base, which might include corporate communication, attending networking events, supporting new partner acquisition and keeping our CRM tools updated.
- Contributing with an effective knowledge management process by sourcing, editing and sharing internal content.
Your set of skills
- You are an enrolled student, ideally in a relevant field of studies and looking for a 6 months internship.
- You are fluent in English. German is a plus.
- You already have first practical experiences in Business Development/Sales and/or have worked with e.g. NGOs or associations before.
- You are a self-starter and team player who is used to working independently and in small teams.
- You share the vision of free education worldwide for refugees.
- The atmosphere and insight of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team where you can create real impact.
- The opportunity to shape a social enterprise with your creative input and ideas, to develop your own professional network with interesting contacts and to get hands on experience within the NGO sector.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject
“Internship PP”. Include your cover letter, CV, earliest starting date and type of internship in English or German in a single PDF file.
Please note that due to our limited budget as an nonprofit organization we are unfortunately unable to pay salaries. Therefore we are only offering mandatory internships/ educational program (“Pflichtpraktikum”) or study orientation internships (“Orientierungspraktikum”) to enrolled students.
If you want to support Kiron but none of the above mentioned internship types fit your current status, please get in touch with us and we can tell you more about volunteering options.