Start: November or later
Duration: min. three months
Office: Berlin – fulltime
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Supporting our Human Resources team in several upcoming recruiting and hiring activities
- Posting our job openings in the relevant channels
- Operating our HR management and recruiting software tool in order to process incoming applications and manage employee data
- Working closely with our Hiring Manager during the recruiting process, including CV-screening, coordinating interviews and handling the communication with candidates
- Assisting in managing our employees’ entire life cycle – from onboarding to offboarding
- Contribute to ongoing HR activities such as volunteer and internship management
Your set of skills
- You share the vision of free worldwide education for refugees
- You are enrolled as a student, ideally pursuing a degree with a focus in HR
- You are a self-starter, hard-working, proactive and have an entrepreneurial mind-set
- You are proficient with the MS Office Package and interested in working with online apps and tools
- You are highly pro-active and with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- High interest in interacting with people and getting to know organizational processes
- The opportunity to shape a social enterprise with your initiative and creative input
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international and interdisciplinary team
- An comprehensive insight into the Human Resources of a social startup
- Flexible working hours at our attractive office location in the center of Berlin
- Investment in you: Regular team building, mentoring and workshops
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject
“Intern_HR”. Include your cover letter, CV and availability in English or German in a single PDF file.
Please note that due to our limited budget as an nonprofit organization we are unfortunately unable to pay salaries. Therefore we are only offering mandatory internships/ educational program (“Pflichtpraktikum”) or study orientation internships (“Orientierungspraktikum”) to enrolled students.
If you want to support Kiron but none of the above mentioned internship types fit your current status, please get in touch with us and we can tell you more about volunteering options.