Start: May or later
Duration: min. three months
Office: Berlin – fulltime
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Supporting our Human Resource Team in various upcoming projects for 2017
- Assisting the management of our employee’s life cycle e.g. onboarding process, career development
- Helping with preparation and conduct of team trainings and events e.g. Kiron Global Weekend (international networking and workshop event)
- Implementing together with our HR Team a new organisational Model (“Holacracy”)
- Developing strategic target & performance management tools and processes for human resources and our organizational culture
Your set of skills
- You share the vision of free education worldwide for refugees
- You are either enrolled as a student, ideally pursuing a degree with a focus in HR, or you are in your study orientation between bachelor and master
- You are a self-starter, hard-working, adaptive and have an entrepreneurial mind-set
- You are fluent in English and German and proficient with the MS Office Package
- You are highly pro-active and with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- High interest in interacting with people and getting to know organisational processes
- The opportunity to shape a social enterprise with your initiative and creative input
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team
- Flexible working hours at our office in Berlin
- Investment in you: Regular team building and representative events, mentoring, trainings and workshops
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject
“Intern_HR”. Include your cover letter, CV and availability in English or German in a single PDF file.
Please note that due to our limited budget as an nonprofit organization we are unfortunately unable to pay salaries. Therefore we are only offering mandatory internships/ educational program (“Pflichtpraktikum”) or study orientation internships between bachelor and master (“Orientierungspraktikum”).
If you want to support Kiron but none of the above mentioned internship types fit your current status, please get in touch with us and we can tell you more about volunteering options.