Graphic / Web design
Start: June or later
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Support us with graphic design in multiple areas
- Help to prepare flyers, handouts, business cards, posters for print production
- Assist in further developing our corporate identity
- Create digital graphics for the single teams to brighten up their presentations / documents
- Support us in professionalizing our website
Your set of skills
- You are familiar with basic design workflows and creative processes
- You have experience with the Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- You have experience in preparing documents for print production
- You have a sense for precise graphical arrangements and typo placement
- Ideally you have worked with WordPress before
- The opportunity to shape a social enterprise with your initiative and creative input
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international and interdisciplinary team
- A comprehensive insight into the department of Marketing & Communications
- Investment in you: Regular team building, mentoring and workshops
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject
“Internship DES”. Include your cover letter, CV and availability in English or German in a single PDF file.
Please note that due to our limited budget as an nonprofit organization we are unfortunately unable to pay salaries. Therefore we are only offering mandatory internships/ educational program (“Pflichtpraktikum”) or study orientation internships for enrolled students (“Orientierungspraktikum”).
If you want to support Kiron but none of the above mentioned internship types fit your current status, please get in touch with us and we can tell you more about volunteering options.