Internship Direct Academics
Start: June or later
Office: Berlin – fulltime or parttime
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Support the administration and organisation of live, online tutorials and courses for refugee students
- Support the administration of student recruitment and instructor onboarding
- Co-manage the Direct Academics student support email account
- Support in community management and partnership work
Your set of skills
- You are a self-starter, hard-working, adaptive & have an entrepreneurial mind-set
- You have excellent English written and oral skills. German is a plus.
- You are a team player and can work independently
- You are able to juggle multiple tasks at once
- You share the vision of free worldwide education for refugees
- The opportunity to shape a social enterprise with your initiative and creative input
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international and interdisciplinary team
- Insight into the development of online and digital learning content in a social start-up.
- Attractive office location in Berlin-Mitte and flexible working hours
- Investment in you: Regular team building and workshops
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject
“Internship Public Relations”. Include your cover letter, CV and availability in English or German in a single PDF file.
Please note that due to our limited budget as an nonprofit organization we are unfortunately unable to pay salaries. Therefore we are only offering mandatory internships/ educational program (“Pflichtpraktikum”) or study orientation internships between bachelor and master (“Orientierungspraktikum”).
If you want to support Kiron but none of the above mentioned internship types fit your current status, please get in touch with us and we can tell you more about volunteering options.