for Social Work
Office: Berlin – fulltime or parttime
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- You will co-develop our Social Work study track and module handbook
- You will research and evaluate potential MOOCs for the program
- You will co-develop concepts for additional MOOCs and/or tutorials
- You will advise the Department Coordinator on subject-specific issues
Your set of skills
- You have completed at least four semesters of a Social Work study program
- Experience in teaching, curriculum development or study track coordination is an asset
- You share the vision of free worldwide education for refugees
- You are either enrolled as a student, ideally pursuing a degree with a focus in Social Work or you are in your study orientation between bachelor and master
- You are a self-starter, hard-working, proactive and have an entrepreneurial mind-set
- You have excellent German and English writing and oral skills, are proficient with Microsoft Office Package, Google Apps, and Social Media
- The opportunity to shape a social enterprise with your initiative and creative input
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international and interdisciplinary team
- An comprehensive insight into the department of Sociel Sciences and Propaedeutics
- Flexible working hours at our attractive office location in the center of Berlin
- Investment in you: Regular team building and representative events, mentoring, trainings and workshops
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject
“Internship CSW”. Include your cover letter, CV and availability in English or German in a single PDF file.
Please note that due to our limited budget as an nonprofit organization we are unfortunately unable to pay salaries. Therefore we are only offering mandatory internships/ educational program (“Pflichtpraktikum”) or study orientation internship for enrolled students (“Orientierungspraktikum”).
If you want to support Kiron but none of the above mentioned internship types fit your current status, please get in touch with us and we can tell you more about volunteering options.