Become a volunteer!
At Kiron you can make a difference! It is your time, expertise and passion that make a real impact.
Without volunteers like you, we would not be able to strive for our goals and vision. That’s why volunteers are so vital to us. Our volunteers are part of the Kiron team.
We believe in teamwork and cohesion across all hierarchical levels, so volunteers can get involved in all areas of the organization. At Kiron, there is no us and them – we’re all Kironistas!
We recognize and cherish the valuable contribution each volunteer makes to the organization. At Kiron, we not only give volunteers a chance to gain valuable work experience and extensive insight into our organization, but also support their ambitions and foster their unique skills and expertise. We nurture and unleash the capacities that exist within our communities to create a world in which everyone has the same chance to access and succeed in higher education.
A pool of more than 400 volunteers already commit their time and talent to Kiron and to our mission to help refugees gain access to higher education and successful learning through digital solutions.
It’s your turn now – ready to join our mission?
Opportunities to volunteer with Kiron
- You want to support Kiron on a regular basis
- You can invest three to five hours of your time per week
- You want to gain work experience in one or more of our departments
- You want to support with regular tasks and short term projects
High Commitment Volunteer
- You want to support Kiron extensively
- You can invest eight hours or more of your time per week at one of our offices
- You want to gain extensive insight into one of our departments
- You want to support larger projects and take on broader tasks
- You want to support Kiron occasionally because you have limited time or live in a remote area
- You can invest time on demand
- You are ok with not being part of a department but can offer some expertise or basic support in certain areas, e.g. workshops, contact person for distributing information or connecting with a network, etc.
Volunteer Instructor (Remote)
- You want to support the higher education of refugee students while gaining experience in interactive, online education
- You can commit 4-5 hours per week for 8-15 weeks to prepare and teach online tutorial sessions
- You can offer content expertise in one of the following areas: Academic Writing, Business & Economics, Business English, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Political Science, Social Work
- You have at minimum a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s or PhD preferred)
- You have some teaching experience (student tutor or volunteer also applicable)
- You have minimum C1 English, Arabic and/or German an asset
Find out more and watch our Kiron Videos explaining Direct Academics and the Benefits and Challenges of Online Learning:
Interested in becoming an instructor?
Please send your CV and a brief paragraph detailing your motivations to [email protected]
Get in touch with us here to get involved!