Working Student - Software Engineer
Our team of Kironistas is international, digitally savvy, agile, collaborative and fun. With offices across Germany, Jordan, and Lebanon, we are education experts, techies, designers, project managers, communicators, grant writers, researchers, innovators and dedicated to our mission of making high-quality education accessible to underserved communities.
Kiron as an employer offers such great flexibility, support and trust in its employees. I'm truly happy to have joined this family.
How you can contribute to our mission:
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team
- Contribute into development of the assigned project
- Using your creativity to shape a social startup full of dedicated Kironistas
What you need to make an impact:
- You are a student and officially enrolled at university
- You have good communication skills in English
- You have an educational background in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics
- You are able to work independently and have a hands-on mentality
- You have a proactive attitude
- You share our vision of free education worldwide for refugees
How we will enable you to do your best work:
- The atmosphere of an innovative and agile social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international and interdisciplinary team
- You will learn to work independently and will be encouraged to be proactive and bring in your own ideas
- Gain experience in full cycle software development
- Learn new technologies and leverage these on practice
- Flexible working hours and a generous remote working policy
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “SHK SE + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and availability in English in a single PDF file by July 15th to [email protected].
We welcome applications from all under-represented communities and groups. As part of our commitment to diversity within our workforce, we are particularly keen to attract candidates from black, Asian and other minority ethnic groups. We welcome applicants from lower-income backgrounds and can provide financial assistance for interview expenses if required. We are also happy to discuss individual requirements relating to the application process and/or the demands of the role itself with candidates who have disabilities to ensure reasonable adjustments are confirmed in advance. Please contact [email protected] if you would like to speak to someone in confidence about your needs.