Kiron Open Higher Education gGmbH is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to high-quality education for refugees and underserved communities through digital solutions.
As a designer I talk with our students to understand how to improve Kiron Campus for them. I can see how we directly impact their lives.
How you can contribute to our mission:
- You are part of a self-organising agile product team to design and help create exciting online learning experiences
- You identify user-experience and accessibility problems on our learning platform and discuss solutions with our product owner and engineers
- You collaborate with our engineers to create, review and implement your design ideas and user flow
- You plan, conduct and lead user testing sessions with Kiron’s students and customers
- You translate qualitative and quantitative research into accessible and inclusive product design concepts
- You communicate your vision clearly in the form of prototypes, wireframes, screen designs or with similar methods
What you need to make an impact:
- You share our vision of free and democratic access to higher education for refugees and disadvantaged communities worldwide
- You have at least 2 years of work experience in a similar role and have an agile mindset to balance your fine sense of aesthetics with our short sprint cycles
- You are enthusiastic about visual design for web and mobile applications
- You are design-opinionated but prioritise user value and user feedback over your own preferences
- You have experience designing for difficult context (unstable connection, low bandwidth, non-english speaking users)
- You coordinate your own projects, take ownership and are able to handle complex sets of features and collaborate with people and teams to arrive at optimal solutions
How we will enable you to do your best work:
- The chance to work independently in a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team of an innovative and fast-paced social startup
- A competitive salary within the social sector
- Flexible working hours, 30 vacation days & generous home office & remote working policy anywhere in the world, USC discount, Kiron pension scheme & Education leave
Ready to join our mission? Apply now! Send your application via email with the subject “UX + your name” until the 5th of April, 2021 to Rohit Kakar: [email protected]
We welcome applications from all under-represented communities and groups. As part of our commitment to diversity within our workforce, we are particularly keen to attract candidates from black, Asian and other minority ethnic groups.
We welcome applicants from lower-income backgrounds and can do our best to facilitate any financial assistance for interview expenses if required. We are also happy to discuss individual requirements relating to the application process and/or the demands of the role itself with candidates who have disabilities to ensure reasonable adjustments are confirmed in advance. Please contact [email protected] if you would like to speak to someone in confidence about your needs.