Tech Consultant - project based
The Youth Empowerment Program – DAFI is a project funded by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and implemented by Kiron Lebanon in coordination with Semeurs D’avenir (SDA) and Institut Européen de Coopération et de Développement (IECD).
The DAFI Scholarship provides Syrian refugees in Lebanon with the necessary funding to sustain higher education at the Lebanese University as well as Psycho-Social Support to ensure a smooth development. Additionally, students enroll in the online bridge program on the Kiron Campus that equips them with the necessary transferable skills and knowledge as well as with the tools and guidance they need to complete their studies and thereby eventually prevent dropouts from the University and the Scholarship.
In Summer 2021, Kiron Lebanon will be recruiting a new batch of scholarship recipients to access the Lebanese University in the first year of the Bachelors’ degree. To that end, the team needs a software developed, to act as a Scholarship Management System to receive the applications and proceed through the entire recruitment process.
I always get inspired by our students’ determination, perseverance and love to learn. That’s why we are more than ever keen on giving them the best of our work.
Duration of the Work:
The number of working days is 90 days, and may be subject to change based on the progress of the project.
Expected outcomes and deliverables:
● Registration form.
● Registration email.
● Login/logout .
● Scholarship application form.
● Scoring rubric based on the application form.
● Backend interface for listing applicants.
● Backend interface for executing actions on applicants.
● Multi-language support.
What you need to make an impact:
- Demonstrate commitment to KIRON LEBANON’s Mission, Values and Vision.
- Focuses on result for the Kiron Lebanon Team and responds positively to feedback
- Remains calm, in control and good humoured even under pressure
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills, ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Post-Graduate degree in Software engineering.
- Minimum 8 years of experience.
- In-depth and proven knowledge and experience in creating Tracking Systems.
- Create User-Friendly interfaces that enable users to understand how to use complex technical products also to accomplish tasks in the shortest possible time.
- Conceptualize and implement solutions for data storage.
- Maintain a stable server with zero downtime.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Excellent communications and analysis skills.
- Fluency in English (oral and written) and Arabic (oral and written).
Ready to join our mission? Apply now! Send your application including CV, 2 professional references, a brief methodology on how you will approach and conduct the work, financial proposal, and letter of interest specifying the available date to start and other details via email until the 3rd of June, 2021 to Anthony Bouharoun: [email protected]
We welcome applications from all under-represented communities and groups. As part of our commitment to diversity within our workforce, we are particularly keen to attract candidates from black, Asian and other minority ethnic groups.
Visit www.kiron.ngo to learn more about our students and our mission.
We welcome applicants from lower-income backgrounds and can provide financial assistance for interview expenses if required. We are also happy to discuss individual requirements relating to the application process and/or the demands of the role itself with candidates who have disabilities to ensure reasonable adjustments are confirmed in advance. Please contact [email protected] if you would like to speak to someone in confidence about your needs.