Team lead, Programs
You will lead the development and management of digital and blended projects and programs to serve and empower refugees and other underserved communities around the world. In this role, you bring both facets of our product together – education and tech, oversee project implementation and connect this with the overall Kiron strategy.
Kiron as an employer offers such great flexibility, support and trust in its employees. I'm truly happy to have joined this family.
In this role, you will own…
… the educational and operational aspect of our product, including:
- Coordination with the tech team and other internal and external stakeholders
- Strategic decisions about program development and acquisition
- Pro-active analysis and needs assessment in the sector
- Development of tailored programs and partnerships
… and will grow in …
- Product and project development
- Content creation
- Using data and evidence to build and expand programs and projects
(depending, of course, on your areas of interest)
- Programs Team
- Product Owner, Engineering
- Monitoring & Evaluation
- Project partners
- Strategic partners
To succeed and grow in this position, you will likely be:
- A gifted communicator (orally and written), able to deal with conflict and uncertainty diplomatically and tactfully
- A leader, able to motivate and coach as well as guide a team to be results-driven and successful
- Structured, with a thorough but pragmatic approach and able to navigate complexity and ambiguity
- Fluent in English
… and will likely have:
- Led a multi-stakeholder project and / or a team in an education or product setting (or both)
Ideally, you might also have:
- A basic understanding of product development and management
- Knowledge of the digital education sector
- Experience with course creation, quality assurance, teaching and / or coding
- Fluency in German or another language
This profile draws on our experience of people who have been successful in this role in the past. We warmly encourage you to apply if you feel your experience and skills equip you for this job but are not listed here!
This is what you can expect…
After your first month, you will have learned the nuts and bolts of Kiron, our programs and our product.
After three months, you will have developed a structure and definition of Kiron’s programs and have understood the funding landscape and how that ties in with them
After six months, you will have defined a roadmap for how to continue developing and how to address gaps in our current programs
After 1 year, you will have a clear overview of strategic programs at Kiron and our funding landscape and will have a vision for how they come together to leverage our product and achieve impact.
Why join Kiron?
- We are a mission-driven organization committed to making a difference for underserved communities
- We offer a flexible, agile and entrepreneurial work environment, where purpose, enthusiasm, and your ideas are valued
- We are a vibrant and international team based in Germany, Jordan and Lebanon
- We provide a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as team-building activities, possibilities for professional development, and flexible and remote work arrangements
Are you ready to join our mission? Then please submit your application via this link.
If you are interested in learning more about Kiron or have questions about the position or your application, please contact [email protected].
Kiron Open Higher Education is an inclusive organization that welcomes applications from all backgrounds and underrepresented communities and groups.
We welcome applicants from lower-income backgrounds and can provide financial assistance for interview expenses if required. We are also happy to discuss individual requirements relating to the application process and/or the demands of the role itself with candidates who have disabilities to ensure reasonable adjustments are confirmed in advance. Please contact [email protected] if you would like to speak to someone in confidence about your needs.