Student Support Officer (Lebanon)
Kiron Open Higher Education gGmbH is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to high-quality education for refugees and underserved communities through digital solutions.
Kiron is a place for innovation, creativity and co-creation. I am so happy to be part of this digital educational organization and to be collaborating with our partners with the aim to serve our students in the Middle East.
Your opportunities and responsibilities at Kiron:
- Managing of different aspects of Kiron’s online and offline student support services such as students interviews, communication, welcome sessions and different trainings.
- Increasing student activity, course completion and success by scaling up both the online and offline services and by trusting relationship with the student body with an emphasis on clear and open lines of communication.
- Communicating with third parties, such as international and local NGOs for student outreach and recruitment purposes, and for additional educational opportunities.
- Optimisation of Kiron’s student services by monitoring and evaluation of our program as well as developing and testing new features according to student needs.
Your set of skills:
- You hold at least a Bachelor’s degree and have a minimum of 2 years of professional experience ideally in working with refugees or disadvantaged communities.
- You gained work experience in setting up, managing and scaling support programs for underprivileged students and/or you have ideally worked in student counselling.
- You have strong communication skills and ideally experience in reaching out to our target group and are fluent in both Arabic and English, written and spoken (C1 according to CEFRL). Fluency in French is a plus.
- You share our vision of a world in which everyone has equal chances to access and be successful in higher education.
- You are a digital native, self-starter, adaptive & resilient and have an entrepreneurial mind-set.
- The opportunity to shape an innovative educational provider with your initiative and creative input focussing on the student’s needs.
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team.
- A competitive salary within the social sector.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now! Send your application via email with the subject “SSO-dafi-Lebanon”. Include your cover letter, CV in English in a single PDF file until the 30th of July, 2021 to Anthony Bou Haroun: [email protected]
We welcome applications from all under-represented communities and groups. As part of our commitment to diversity within our workforce, we are particularly keen to attract candidates from black, Asian and other minority ethnic groups.
Visit www.kiron.ngo to learn more about our students and our mission.
We welcome applicants from lower-income backgrounds and can provide financial assistance for interview expenses if required. We are also happy to discuss individual requirements relating to the application process and/or the demands of the role itself with candidates who have disabilities to ensure reasonable adjustments are confirmed in advance. Please contact [email protected] if you would like to speak to someone in confidence about your needs.