Student Support Internship
Kiron Open Higher Education gGmbH is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to high-quality education for refugees and underserved communities through digital solutions.
Our team of Kironistas is international, agile and thinks out-of-the-box. We are education experts, techies, designers, project managers, communicators, grant writers, researchers, coffee-drinkers, innovators and dreamers, who work together on this mission every day.
Kiron is a place for innovation, creativity and co-creation. I am so happy to be part of this digital educational organization and to be collaborating with our partners with the aim to serve our students in the Middle East.
How you can contribute to our mission:
- Support in different aspects of Kiron’s online and offline student support services such as students interviews, communication, welcome sessions and exit opportunities.
- Increasing student activity, course completion and success by scaling up both the online and offline services and by trusting relationship with the student body with an emphasis on clear and open lines of communication.
- Providing support for students encompassing all aspects of learning and development.
What you need to make an impact:
- You share our vision of free and democratic access to education for refugees and underserved communities worldwide
- Good oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships.
- Ability to work with a team to meet the student’s social and behavioural needs. Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic.
- You are a self-starter and team player who is used to working independently and in small teams.
How we will enable you to do your best work:
- The atmosphere of an innovative and agile social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international and interdisciplinary team
- You will learn to work independently and will be encouraged to be proactive and bring in your own ideas
- Flexible working hours and a generous remote working policy
- A one time voluntary allowance of 840 EUR
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail, to: [email protected] with the subject “SSI-dafi-Intern + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file . Deadline: 7th of October 2021.
We welcome applications from all under-represented communities and groups. As part of our commitment to diversity within our workforce, we are particularly keen to attract candidates from black, Asian and other minority ethnic groups.
We welcome applicants from lower-income backgrounds and can do our best to facilitate any financial assistance for interview expenses if required. We are also happy to discuss individual requirements relating to the application process and/or the demands of the role itself with candidates who have disabilities to ensure reasonable adjustments are confirmed in advance. Please contact [email protected] if you would like to speak to someone in confidence about your needs.